The Bottom Line

 | 
Sir. Jerry Turner's Facebook Profile

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Calling On A Hero

(Chris Lee/P-D)
The 1st half of the season is over.
The Home Run Derby/All-Star Break-Over
Trade Deadline-Over
This soap opera we call Major League Baseball continues to surprise us with constant drama. Never-ending drama. Headlines, Scratches, Injury updates, Farm calls and recalls.... through every single emotion that the game brings us... Why do I continuously see a cloud high over every ballpark? Everyday, a legendary ballpark hero is getting picked off.....base-stealing blunders?... no... no. Steroid/PED users.
Like I said on Twiter.. for some reason everyday, I'm waiting for the next 6pm SportsCenter for a big-named bigleaguer to be leaked out or admit to steroid usage. It's utterly ridiculous. I'm officially calling on a hero.

Now, I really want to get something straight. Jim Thome and Ken Griffey Jr. are two of the greatest hitters of all time. They have 1179 home runs between the two. But all of my life I've been looking up to these players. Major League Baseball and Congress are looking towards the future and why not look at, currently, the cleanest, classiest, and greatest hitter of the milennium.
Albert Pujols
Bookmark and Share

0 comments: